We’re dedicated to making a difference in our industry, workplace, and community.
It’s our mission to make a positive impact on our community. That’s why we choose several local organizations to support throughout the year. Most recently, we gave back to Girls on the Run, an organization supporting young girls in the Jacksonville community. Their mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
2023 FSA Gives Back Activities
We partnered with Girls on the Run to support local girls in low-income schools. Together we donated essential school supplies to girls in the Jacksonville community.
2022 FSA Gives Back Activities
We partnered with First Coast Women’s Services to host an Angel Tree, blessing expectant mothers with the items they need most. Thank you to our clients, partners and team for making this event such a success this holiday season!
At the event, participants and our team members were able to reduce the risk of identity theft by destroying old documents. In order to make sure nobody went home hungry, we challenged our team members to bring their best fall recipes for a chili cookoff. Each chili chef competed for the chance to win a cash donation to the charity of their choice:
First place: Kinika Callaway, $1,000 to Hope Lodge-Jax
Second place: John Giehrl, $500 to Mission House-Jax Beach
Third place: Melissa Deen, $250 to American Cancer Society
The Mandarin Food Bank provides emergency food and clothing to those in need. Together we delivered food and raised money to support those in need in our community.
Charity Miles allows users to turn their steps into a fundraiser. The app tracks users’ movement, and for every mile logged, funds go towards selected local charities.
2021 FSA Gives Back Activities
We partnered with Salvation Army Angel Tree to bless over 50 Jacksonville children with a wide variety of amazing gifts. We couldn’t have done this without the generosity of our incredible clients, partners, and team!
Congratulations to the Jacksonville USO 5k participants! We were honored to take part in the race and volunteer for such a wonderful organization. Jacksonville USO supports active-duty military by offering many programs of support to improve their quality of life and create that “Home Away from Home” environment.
The Mandarin Food Bank provides emergency food and clothing to those in need. Together we delivered four jumbo-sized bags of food and raised $2,140 to support those in need in our community.
Each year during tax season, our team members compete to log the most steps and win money for their favorite charities. Here are the 2021 winners:
- First place: Page DeWitt with $1,000 going to Rethreaded. Rethreaded is a social entrepreneurship that is breaking the cycle of the sex trade by offering viable and creative work to those affected by the sex trade, or who are coming out of lives of addiction, and violence. A special congratulations to Page as she has taken first place for six straight years! She logged 1,532,415 steps between January and May 15.
- Second place: Craig Trimble with $500 going to Step Up For Students. The program provides Tax Credit Scholarships to students in K-12 who come from low-income families. Congratulations Craig! He logged 1,411,701 steps between January and May 15.
- Third place: Kaneka Jackson with $250 going to Fisher House Foundation. The Foundation provides “a home away from home” for family members to be close to a loved one during hospitalization for an illness, disease, or injury. Congratulations Kaneka! She logged 1,391,559 steps between January and May 15.
Alongside CPS Investment Advisors we participated in Clays for a Cause to support Lakeland Volunteers in Medicine.
2020 FSA Gives Back Activities
School supply drive for Communities in Schools of Jacksonville.
30th Anniversary Gala: A Toast to the Tassel supporting Communities in Schools Jacksonville.
Diaper Dash for Baby Luv Pregnancy Center in Jacksonville: 1,800 wipes, 672 ounces of powered infant formula, and 1,902 diapers donated to help families in need.
Virtual food drive for BEAM, supporting people in Jacksonville’s Beaches communities. Together we raised $12,000!
Each year during tax season, our team members compete to log the most steps and win money for their favorite charities. Here are the 2020 winners:
- First place: Page DeWitt with $1000 going to JDRF North Florida. JDRF North Florida is the local chapter of JDRF that raises money for Type 1 diabetes research. Page says, “I have seen the way Type 1 diabetes has touched the lives of a few of our staff members and their loved ones. I have also heard the stories of parents dealing with their small children, and all of the heartache they go through. It really touched my heart. I don’t want other families, children and parents to have to go through those same things. So I couldn’t think of a better organization to donate to!” Congratulations Page! She logged 1,420,057 steps between January 17 and April 15.
- Second place: Kaneka Jackson with $500 going to Gainesville Fisher House. Kaneka says, “I decided to donate to Fisher House because they serve the military community. In situations where a service member is at a military or VA treatment facility, their family members, loved ones, and caregivers have the ability to use the Fisher House Foundation in the same way civilian families can use The Ronald McDonald House. They bridge a gap that is imperative in helping families deal with the stress of a loved one in medical treatment and help lessen the stress of those in that situation.” Congratulations Kaneka! She logged 1,285,123 steps from January 17 to April 15.
- Third place: VJ Gay with $250 going to FSA Gives Back. VJ says, “I knew the first time they spoke about FSA Gives Back it was an answer to prayer, a way to give to a trusted non-profit that would turn around and give to so many others in need, with 100% of the donations going out to each cause. It also allows us to be boots on the ground and helping hands in the projects that FSA Gives Back supports.” Congratulations VJ! She logged 1,059,636 steps from January 17 to April 15.
Pace Center for Girls fundraising luncheon.
Cowford Chophouse MOO-ve it 5k and 1 mile fun run supporting Jacksonville Arts & Music School.
2nd Annual Scott Currington Memorial Golf Tournament, hosted by CRU Inner City Jacksonville.
2019 FSA Gives Back Activities
FSA sponsored a table for the Rethreaded Mukti Gala.
FSA staff volunteered at the annual USO Military Appreciation Night at the Zoo. The Zoo welcomes thousands of Jacksonville military families, at no charge to them, to enjoy the Zoo for the evening!
CPA Day of Service was celebrated in May with FSA Staff bringing dinner to the Ronald McDonald House. The Ronald McDonald house provides housing and the comforts of home, to pediatric patients and their families as they are undergoing treatment.
Blood Drive – The FSA office hosted blood drives in July and December, with the Big Red Bus in our parking lot. We were thrilled to “give the gift of life.”
After Hurricane Dorian demolished the Bahamas, FSA friends, clients, and St. Paul’s Catholic School stepped up to donate water and supplies to send to the most devastated areas.
The FSA staff formed a team to raise money for pancreatic cancer research by participating in a 5K. The FSA raised over $1,000 to go to their mission!
The staff all wore pink in October to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
FSA collected donations of money and turkey to be given to the Mandarin Food Bank, to help feed local families for the Thanksgiving holiday.
FSA staff were each given a reusable grocery tote to fill with food that will benefit families that utilize the Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry (BEAM).